Well a lot happened this week. Never a boring day in Mexico LOL!
So Wednesday morning Elder Rodriguez woke up with a bunch of bug bites. So we sprayed down his bed and mine with some chemicals to kill anything that might be in it. Then we had to sleep over at Elder Bertha’s house. We also used the chemicals on other places in our house that we thought had a lot of bugs. Yeah, we sprayed behind the fridge, it was the grossest thing ever... There were cockroaches running everywhere out from behind our fridge. That is because they like the heat. We also sprayed down our suitcases. I think mine only had like maybe one, but one of Elder Rogriduez´s bags had tons. We then had to sleep at Elder Bertha´s again, that was pretty exciting, not really, but still.
On Thursday or Friday, idk, the mission assistants came over to bring some medicine for Elder Rodriguez’s bites. They were also going to take a new fridge to Elder Bertha’s house. We got to their house, and apparently Elder Bertha had made a deal with them to give them both ties if they would bring the fridge, but then he didn’t want to give them a tie, so then the assistant’s said “fine, you don’t get a fridge.” So they gave it to us and they took our cockroach infested fridge back to Elder Bertha, and of course he didn’t want it. We did spray it down so I don’t think there was anything living, but still.
Anyways.... Elder Bertha was mad at the secretaries, I don’t blame him. The secretaries are made at Elder Bertha, I don’t blame them. But gratefully, we have a brand new fridge.... idk mission drama. LOL!
On Saturday the assistants came back to pick up some packages from our house that the secretaries left. They told us we should us the whole day to clean the house. So that is what we did. We cleaned EVERYWHERE. It was super gross. We bought these chemicals and gases and sprayed like everywhere to kill as many as we could. We also got rid of a lot of the wood furniture that were infested.
I cleaned grease off the wall that was really quite lovely, I used an old CD to scrape it off..... Yeah... but now there are less cockroaches. There still are some, but I think that we should be able to slowly kill them off if we maintain a clean house.
While the assistants were over they saw my cube and mixed it up. I haven’t used it much. I solved it in like 10-11 sec. They videoed it, and they said they would email it to me. I hope they don’t forget. It was awesome. So they pretty much think I’m a genius... with a very unclean house.
On Sunday I gave a 10 min talk!!! Yeah, in Spanish. Actually it went really well. I first wrote it in English, then translated it to Spanish. By that time when I gave the talk, I didn’t even have to look at my notes. I even went impromptu for that last like four minutes.
Soooo… today we went to central and went to this giant Catholic Church. It was quite large… quite quite quite large! It was funny because when we went in there were other missionaries from a different zone there. It was a Mormon party in the giant chapel. There were like 10 of us in all. The door says “puerta del perdon,” so I think we are clean from sin now.
| An area in our misson called Gallixia (sp?) idk super small houses. |
| Yeah!... Poisoned Cockroaches |
| Mask for Toxic Fumes... even though it wasn't meant to filter roach gas. |
| A little boy named Moroni showing me his pen trick after i showed him mine. |
| Visit to the Catholic Cathederal; I'm "free from sin" now. |
No comments:
Post a Comment