Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Week 48 - 5/26/12


Wow, what is there to say, everyone is sending me their emails on smart phones, I feel left out haha. The president approved our new house and it AWESOME.  It has two full bathrooms.
Ok, Sunday.  Well we had church.  That was cool.  Felix was confirmed.  So we spent some time looking for houses.  And then while we were walking around some ladies came up to us and invited us to their church.  It’s called La Luz del Mundo, the light of the world.  And well I tell you this because they convinced me and baptized me and now I’ll live here forever.... haha.. just kidding.

Monday, It was Elder R.’s birthday.  Sister Reeves made him cupcakes, mmmm, special office treatment. 
Tuesday.  Hey I turned 11 months in the mission, can you believe that!  So, today was a leadership meeting and a meeting for trainers, so missionaries were around all day, so they kept us pretty busy.  But the internet went out and was gone like the whole day.  You think this would be a bad thing, but with so many missionaries around when they wanted us to check to see if their money was in and stuff we could just tell them the internet was out. So we have to actually use a lot of our own money to pay for stuff that you can’t use the credit card for and then redeposit it later.  Anyways Elder H. was leaving so he wouldn’t be able to do it, so I had to give him 700 pesos of mine and then it was going to go into my account later. So I literally had 5 pesos left at the end of the day.  That is like 50 cents.... ooh also because I bought a pull up part from Elder R.  I’m going to start working out again haha. 

Wednesday.  Well our first day in the office without our trainers.  They all went off to their areas and we are left to do everything here.  Also our only investigator right now dumped us.  Who knows what happened.  A brother has been helping us and she just called him and told him that she didn’t want to hear from us anymore.  But we are getting pretty good at keeping everything in line with the money.
Thursday.  Well more office work as normal.  This was the day where we had to be all in zeros, and of course we were…. after all it is me that we are talking about haha.  But the other secretaries have a ton of work with visas and I’m soo glad I’m not doing that.  The older secretaries, not Elder R., but the ones before him let some of the visas expire and there are a lot of problems with that.  Trying to prevent our assistant from getting deported.... I’m glad that is not my job right now.

Friday.  So the president let us have the car and it was my turn to drive.  First time in Mexico.  WOW, can I just say nerve racking........  They drive so crazy down here.  But the fun part is you can hook like crazy if you want, it’s just part of the culture.  You know how sometimes if there is a long backup behind a green light, sometimes it takes a bit to get going, wow does everyone start hooking and wow is it fun to just jump in and hook your heart out as well. Haha. We had to go get some office supplies so I drove and it was crazy.
Saturday.  Well the whole p-day  we spent preparing our new house.  Moving out the owners stuff.  We are living on the second level of a member’s house.  It is really cool and I can’t wait to move in.  The night before, we had to tell the member that we are living with right now that we would be leaving.  Wow, talk about awkward.   Something like dumping a girlfriend, not that I would know anything about that.  But yeah elders had been living there for like 5 years and they were really making bank on the house. They were charging 1900 pesos a month and you’ve seen the house.  This new one is going to be 4000 a month, yeah that’s right, double what any other missionaries are allowed to pay for rent. (But it has to be nice because we will have other missionaries staying with us a lot.)

Well that’s about it.  I’m just feeling super spoiled right about now.  However, for the past couple days we have gone back to bucket showering.  What happened is we ran out of gas and we aren’t going to buy more because we are moving out at the end of the month. So just check out how we are heating up the water. It will be in the pictures.
OKKK

Love you all
Elder Curtis Wigington

No comments:

Post a Comment