Thursday, August 30, 2012

Week 58 - 8/4/12


Well.  You know another week in the office.  But never the less many great and exciting things happened, ok maybe that’s a bit of an exaggeration.
Sunday. Well we taught Dario.  He has completely gone back to where he was when we first met him.  He really doesn’t want to hear anymore.  He doesn’t answer our phone calls.... It’s funny since we have been in the office we have hardly done any missionary work.  Yet we had had three people super close to getting baptized, but then they talked to their mom and then didn’t want to ever hear from us again.  Moms are sooooooo annoying.  Haha just kidding mom, not you.

Monday.  Well we were in the office all day.  We had our regular meeting with president.  Then I pretty much spent the whole day getting things ready for the De La Rosas to come.  I need to remove all the great enhancements I have made to the computer so it is easier for them...  it’s really quite sad.  Also I started writing a book to explain how to do my job.  It’s a lot of fun. You should read it sometime... good stuff.
Tuesday.  So a whole bunch of office work.  Like a ton.  Just getting everything ready for the new secretaries. Still working on the book. Now I know you can picture this.  You have seen me when I am like halfway through writing a paper.  Now just image that with a spinny chair.  Yeah.  That was me writing that book or paper or whatever you want to call it.  It was funny because I finished at like 8pm and then called president to have him look over it.  I had him on speaker phone here in the office while he made corrections.  It really reminded me of college where I had mom on the phone or skype telling me what I needed to fix. Old memories... however I think I was a little more focused when I was doing it with president. Sorry mom.... Yeah, then we stayed in the office until like 12 at night.

Wednesday.  Well we woke up and went to district meeting. Then we left and while we were walking to where the bus picks us up, a woman ran over a chunk of metal and popped her tire.  My companion quickly went over and asked if we could change the tire.  It wasn’t that I wasn’t going to offer to help, he just did it first.  Anyways so he got her tire out of the trunk and was like... how do you change a tire? Good thing that manly Elder Wigington had been taught from early on how to change tires even though he hated doing it and had a bad attitude when dad asked him to do it....  But we were also in our suit coats because the new secretaries were coming so we wore suits.  Soooooo I changed the tire in a suit.  That’s cool, huh?  Then it turns out this lady was the PR manager for a zoo called African Safari.  And it’s a really cool expensive zoo.  And she said we could come by for free whenever we wanted.  So one of these p-days we will go.  Cool deal! Ok so then we got to the office and waited for Elder and Sister De La Rosa to come.  They came and we took them to their house and bought it.
Thursday.  We started to teach them how to do their job.  Elder de la Rosa will be the financial secretary the sister will be the other.  Sooo I’ve been teaching him a lot.  He learns really fast.  He used to be a stake president and a patriarch. Kind of strange that I’m teaching him anything.... 

Friday.  Zone leader conf.  yay. My favorite thing here in the office.  We eat breakfast.  We talk for like 5 minutes about what they need to do better on with regards to our job.  Then we leave.  And we come back for dinner and dessert.  It’s like just coming to the refreshments after a  youth activity. Gotta love it.
So I think we will have about 2 more weeks in the office just training the new secretaries. Then we will stay in our area until the end of the change so that if they need help we are there to help. 

Ok thats allll
Elder Curtis Wigington

I really never know how to write my name at the end.... so I just say Curtis, or just Elder or Curtis Elder Wigington or Elder Wigington or leave it blank or just how the assistants call me Wigster.

No comments:

Post a Comment