Thursday, August 30, 2012

Week 57 - 7/28/12


Ok, so this week I was thinking about that we are going to have to train these senor missionaries.  And I don’t know if you know, but when you train someone, they are then your hijo.  Your son.  So I was thinking about it and it’s a couple and so that means, well, I might just have a hija... daughter.  Isn’t that weird.  Haha. ok sorry, I was just pondering on that the other day.
Monday, the madness begins. Now I hope not to confuse you...  We started off by going to the mission house.  A new missionary, Elder C. came and we ate breakfast.  So good, I’m going to miss that.  Waffles.  He had his training, but I couldn’t give him his credit card because they never sent it to me.  Anyways, then a little later on the trainer came and they had a training and I ate more food in the mission house.  I swear was just there to eat haha.  Then... all the missionaries that are going home came and we ate dinner in the mission house again.  Wow poor Sister Reeves. Then we had a testimony meeting with us, the assistants, and all the leaving missionaries.  It was good, but let me tell it is not healthy to be around so many missionaries that are leaving.  Everyone is all excited and you’re like I’m almost there too... oh wait no I’m not haha.  Anyways after all the hanging out at the mission house we went to sleep there until like 12:30.  Then we took the Mexicans to the bus station.  After that we came back to the mission house and slept for another 2 hours.  At 3:30 we took the Americans to the airport. All that went well.  We got lost on the way back from the airport so we went back to the house showered and went right to the change meeting.  We got our new comp, Elder V.  He has knee problems right now so he will be with us for a little bit.  Poor him, he just sits here in the office while we do our work.  There really isn’t anything that he can do here. We had him organize the references that we hadn’t had time to do, but.... he finished that in like 3 hours and now just spins on the chair... Anyways back to Monday.  Or now Tuesday.  We went back to the office to finish up some work there and we went back to the house at like 7:00. At this point we were going to go to sleep, but then we got a call from president and he said that a sister missionary did not have a mattress for the night and we had to take her one.  She is in an area that is at least 45 minutes away.  So we went there.... dropped off her mattress.  And the thing was....there is an area right next to theirs that was closed, so the next day the zone leaders were going to bring them a bunch of stuff... but you know... the sister can't sleep on the ground for one night......  So we got back to the house at like 10 and we crashed.  That was from like 6:30 Monday to 10 Tuesday with like a only a few hours of sleep, but lots of food, that was good. 

Wednesday.  So we got to the office early. We had to run to the north offices and then we were low on gas so we went to a gas station and they filled us up... then I gave them the credit card and to my luck, it didn’t work, or better said, their credit card swiper didn’t work......... Grrrrrrr.  And so we had to park the van and go to an ATM which wasn’t that far away, like 5 minute walk.  But then... all of a sudden.... it started raining super hard.  We went and took out the money and came back and paid. Soaking.......... Then we had to go all over the place to pick up packages and mail blah.  Anyways...
Thursday.  The president came into the office a little upset.  He tried to pay a hospital bill, and his card didn’t pass so he went to the ATM and he did know it had a limit - the atm, not the card - so he tried, but couldn’t take out the money.  So he showed up to the office a little frustrated. I really don’t think he gets mad, but anyways he told me that I had to go pay since his card didn’t work. So I went and my card didn’t work either. I went to an ATM and I had to take it out in parts.  The bill was 43,000 peso.  So I had to take it out in 4 withdraws.  That was a big stack of bills. I felt like I won on a slot machine. I mean it was just shooting out money haha. So I put all the bills in my wallet and I couldn’t close it, can say I’ve never had that problem before.  It was all in 500 peso bills so it was like 86 bills.  Haha.  Ok enough talking about how much money I took out, but one more thing.  So I wasn’t sure if I could take out that much money, so I called my boss to ask and he was like don’t worry you get 6000 USD on you card every month.  Hey that’s pretty good huh, at least for Mexico. Then I went to sleep.  And you were ready to look and Friday weren’t you? But no, someone called at like 11:30pm from some hospital saying that some missionaries were there and wanted to know if I would pay so they could go ahead to give them medical service.  I of course asked them who the missionaries were and they said some names I had never heard of, so I had them repeat it like 5 time and I thought I was just not understanding.  So I passed them to my comp because he talks Spanish better and he asked how old were the missionaries and they said like 17.  Then one was a guy and the other a girl.  And then we just told them... ugh they aren’t missionaries, bye.  So someone tried to rip us off in the middle of the night, that’s cool. 

Now Friday.  I prepared the rent for the next month.  Then the president asked us to write a... book…about how to do everything in our job.  So that is a really big boring task.  I’ll be working on it and as Becca knows I never get distracted.... like when I clean my room... I won’t be writing the book and then just think... hmm maybe I should reconfigure the printing network, yeah, that’s important, I’ll do that.  But I have gotten like 6 pages done.  I mean you see me whenI write essays in English, then when I do it in Spanish it bores me 10 times as fast haha.
Saturday.  P-day. Well we were going to go to Atlixco, but just the way the morning worked out, with a missionary needing help moving in to a new, house we didn’t do anything.  Now we are here writing, in the office and that’s it. 

okeyday thats all
Elder Washington

SOooo all the time when people call me and I call people and they ask for my name it’s really hard to explain over the phone, so I just say Washington so they understand haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment