Basically every day this week has been tons of work, but I’ll
go over some the highlights.
So I think it was Wednesday... not sure. We had a ton of elders that had medical
problems, so I had to be at the hospital all day. So first at 12:00 I went to pay for an elder,
then we get stuck waiting there until like 3:00 while we waited for the results. We quickly ran to the food appointment. Then
back to the hospital. We took this same
elder to a different doctor so he could read the x-rays and give him his
prescription. Then another elder had to
be there for something, it don’t even remember what, maybe knee problems... But I went to pay and the receptionist didn’t
want to give me the 10% retention of the tax.
She wanted to raise the price and do something that a lot of doctors
want to do but is not legal. Normally
they have to give us a 10% reduction and we then take care of the taxes. Anyways, if it cost 800 pesos then they
should take off 10 percent and charge us 720.
But she wanted to raise the price so after the retention it came out to
be 800. But she wasn’t doing it the
wrong way correctly. She wanted to
charge me 880. If she was going to do it
the dumb way she should have tried to charge 888.88 duh. Haha. Anyways so I was there in a heated
battle, not so much, but trying to explain the Mexican tax law to her... I don’t
want you think I’m a tax expert, I was just well... making it up as I go. I
really have no idea what I’m talking about, just that that is how my boss has
told me how I needed to do it.
Anyways... the receptionist said, I don’t know, let me ask the
doctor. So the doctor came out. I was so
sick of this, it happens every time at the hospital. I was tired and did not
want to fight a doctor again... So the doctor came out and the receptionist
explained the situation. At this point
you see Elder Wigington ready to explode... then the doctor just said, I don’t
care, its 80 pesos, I’m a Urologo not an accountant, just do what he says. You could hear hallelujah singing from the
heavens. First of all I have never heard
someone here say “I don’t care, its just 80 pesos” and second of all it was a
miracle. It’s like in a talk from Elder Bednar,
one of the tender mercies of the lord.
Well right after this I had to go to another doctor to pay them and I
was just skipping down the hospital in happiness and I got to the other doctor
and they wanted to do the exact same thing.
Then I just whipped out the other receipt from the doctor I had just
come from and said, HEY LISTEN (shout out to dad) haha, look at this receipt
from this other doctor, this is how he did it and how you’re supposed to do it. And they were like OHHH ok alright. And they did it for me how they were supposed
to. Haha, Victory End of hospital story.
Ok so yesterday something awesome happened as well. President bought us all dinner. But not just
any dinner, like pizza or something, we went to a nice restaurant and he got us
all chiles en nogadas. They are soooo
good. It was so much fun to spend time
with President and Sister Reeves and the assistants. It was fun because it was just like hanging
out and talking, no work and busyness. I think I might have told you about chiles en
nogadas before. They are a pepper that is stuffed with fruit
and nuts. Then breaded. Then with white cream. Mmmmm good eatin.
Anyways. So this
morning I signed the hospital contract! Finally haha. Who would have thought that I would be
signing contracts with hospitals in Mexico.
Gotta love it.
So I have a little bit of an idea of what will be happening
as far as me losing my job. Yes... I
will be losing my job. But not for a
little bit. Another elder will be joining us in the office, mostly because he has a
knee problem and shouldn’t walk much for the next month. And the senior secretaries will be coming on
the first. We will train them for 2-3
weeks. And then will finish our change
as regular missionaries in our area. So
I will be in this area for at least another month and a half. But anyways... I was just pondering about
going back in the field. I feel I
finished my mission and now I have to go on another one. Haha. Cause right now we
only teach a little little bit. To be
honest I’m a little nervous about going back into the field. I feel like I’ve had a 3 month vacation. Well we will see what happens.
Love you all.
Curtis
No comments:
Post a Comment