Ok, Sunday. Well we went to church. Then after church we had to go to the
hospital to pay for some missionaries because we haven’t been able to finish
the contract. You know... we waste so
much money on medical bills. A simple
observation that I have made here in the office.... There are missionaries who go to the hospital
for very little things... and... I’m pretty sure there are some that have spent
more on medical bills than they pay to go on the mission... But seriously sometimes they go for the most
lame things ever that come out to be nothing... then we pay like 500 bucks... I
don’t think I like to see where a lot of money goes, I mean it’s supposed to be
sacred money right? Haha well what can you do.
That’s life.
Monday. Well we had a normal morning. Then we went to the food. Wow it was sooo good. We ate some huge
hamburgers. Very good. Very very good. Not even spicy. Then we had to run back to the office for a
little bit. From there we had a family
home evening with a family and a new investigator. Her name is Araseli.
Tuesday. Good day, we went and bought a whole bunch of stuff
at Office Depot. We helped one of our
investigators with English. His name is Dario. He is really good guy, but he has been seeing
the missionaries for like ever...since 2010, but we have had some very spiritual
lesson with him and well we hope he will get baptized soon. Then probably one of the most nerve racking
things happen. We had another lesson
right after that with Araseli... but in our morning meeting with the president
he asked us if we had any lessons and he wanted to come with us. Now I mean that’s intimidating. Not saying I’ve lost it all, but you get a
little rusty on teaching after being in the office so much, I mean we only
teach 2-3 lessons a week if we are lucky.
Anyways he came with us and it went really well. I would have to say Presidente is pretty good
at teaching. I guess it would make
sense... Oh also the assistants moved into our house. It’s interesting to be
around the assistants a lot; they really aren’t the angels that have descended
upon the mission. You see a lot more
them just being themselves. One is going
home in a week and I would have to say... he is a little dead. Haha can’t blame him.
Wednesday. We got to
wake up bright and early to go drop the assistants off at the mission
house. Well, a lot of running
around. Going from hospital to old
office to who knows where. Yeah, just a
lot of paying bills and stuff. Oh joy.
haha. Then we had another lesson with Dario and he told us about a lot of the
doubts that he has. He has heard a lot
of anti-mormon stuff, so it makes it a little hard, but we are still working
towards baptism.
Thursday. Well lots
of normal work. Then I went to with Elder
W., one of the assistants to pay for his ticket. He got pulled over for doing an illegal u
turn... it cost him like 500 peso. Ouch.
So then we got some interesting news. We
were working like at 8ish and we got a call from a stake president. He said that a couple in his stake got their
mission call to be office missionaries in this mission. WOW. What
does that mean? They’re coming August
first. Does that mean we are losing our jobs?
The only thing... I really don’t know how well they will be able to do
our job. I mean… Not to sound like I have it tough, I love it,
but it is a lot of work and you have got to be smart. haha. Who knows.
My thoughts on it are one of two things will happen. We will stay in the office, just leaving
sooner or only coming in on certain days to help and the senior missionaries
are full time in the office, OR we just take 2 weeks to train them and then we
are out of here. But who knows. I really do like working in the office. It really challenges you. Ok so the contract with the hospital had just
ended because the mission split and then the president asks you to make a new
contract. Ok how exactly do you go about making a contract with a hospital? I
mean I don’t even know what the requirements are for a U.S. contract. Another one, a missionary calls you and tells
you that the mission doctor has said he needs a urine doctor. Ok. That’s great, I sure know a lot of
doctors... not. First of all how do you even say that in Spanish and how am I
supposed to find a urine doctor. But it
falls on you, it’s your responsibly, no one else will do it, so you just got to
call around and google for a urólogo in Puebla.
Haha. It really makes you
thinks. I love it. I wonder what they will do with the computer
haha, president it always calling me in his office to fix his computer.
Friday. Well I pretty
much spent the whole day on my butt at my desk registering payments
online. That’s really all I did.
Saturday. Well we
spent 3 hours this morning helping the brother we live with move stuff out of
his garage. I’m going to be sore
tomorrow. It wasn’t light stuff either. It
was tiles and wood. But at least he
invited us to eat breakfast. mmm
tamales.
That’s about it that was my week.
No comments:
Post a Comment