Thursday, July 7, 2011

Week 2 - 07/07/2011

That's sad to hear about grandma. I hope your doing ok. She was a great grandma, I will miss her. I'm really glad that I had a chance to say goodbye before I left.
This has been an insane week for me and the district. One Elder got sent home for some worthiness stuff. Then we got a new Elder that same night. He is old, like 22 or 23 and it's been hard, because he doesn't mesh as well with the district, so I've had to work somethings out and have talks with district member to resolve some potential conflicts and such. Its been kind of weird, but everything thing seems good now.
On July 2nd we got a special 4th of July fireside, then we watched the fireworks that were from the stadium of fire. It's kind of awful that this next month, both the temple and the gym are closed. They take away both things that make us happy here. They have sand volleyball out in the field which is pretty fun. Other than that, the days are long, but the weeks are short. My perception of time is distorted here. When I write in my journel I can't remember what happened in the morning, and feels like it was days ago.
I am improving at Spanish, but it is still really hard. I have the hardest time with pronoucing the words when I don't already know them. I have a hard time knowing where to put the the syllables and I mess up the sounds for a,e,i a lot. But I am improving. For my language study, I mostly read the Book of Mormon out load to improve on that. Overall through I see improvement.
Our district is gettting really close, and I enjoy being around them for the most part.
The District

No comments:

Post a Comment