Thursday, August 11, 2011

Week 7 - 08/11/2011

So life it pretty much the same here. I will now explain the most frustrating thing that has happened to me in the whole MTC. So the computer in our room broke. You would turn it on and in hung up and wouldn't continue. It was quite clear that the boot record had become corrupted. So I went to the IT office and explained what was wrong with it. Then they tried to connect to it remotely, duh… that wont work if it won't even boot. Then they came by to see if they could fix it. The guy said he had never seen it, and that he was going to reimage it, but he didn't do it right. Then it failed, then they just replaced the machine. The machine that they replaced it with didn't have TALL installed on it. I actually knew how to install it, but I’m not supposed to know that, so again I went to the tech office for help. They then remotely tried to fix it and made it worse.... then 3 days later they got some one to fix it right. Ugh… so annoying, I would have been able to fix it if I had all my tools at home on the first issue... ugh… incompetence. Anywho… another computer related thing. We got a new member into our district because he was delayed because of injury. He is super cool: Elder Craig. However his companion was with us for a day. He found out I liked computers, then tried… note tried to out smart me about computers. It was kind of sad… I wasn't really even trying, he would ask me about something, and I would just respond and end up talking too complicated for him. Then he would just ask me about some other random computer things, and you could tell he was trying to show he knew more than me or something. I don't know why people like that clash with me so much. I think they are threatened by my geekiness, lol! Anywho… I went to the Mexican Consulate yesterday, in Salt Lake. That was so weird to leave the MTC. It was even more wierd driving past BYU that seems like a whole different life time ago, brought back a lot of memories. Yeah, so I hope that the travel plans come today, they should. I should be set for my Visa. OH… i got a hair cut!!! It is super short! I got it down to a 4 with the clippers. I figure, I don't really care what I look like, the less haircuts I have to get the better!! So I’m trying to think of anything else that has happened. I have TOOO much food in my room. I get a big package every week from the Wigington's in American Fork, and I just got a package from the Greenfields, I think I will need the miles and miles of walking when I get to Mexico. I got to host yesterday as well. That was cool, it was something different, which is good. Spanish is coming along pretty well i guess. I just have a feeling I will die of shock when I get to Mexico no matter what though. I’m pretty good at giving lessons, but regular talking could still use a bit of work. Yeah, not much else is going on here.
I got my travel plans. My flight is a 8 in the morning on the 22nd. Then I have a 6 hour layover in Houston, then I fly right to Puebla. I'll mail more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment