Monday, December 5, 2011

Week 23 - 12/05/2011

 I got my first package on Wednesday, it was awesome! My companion likes American candy a lot! lol.
Yes, my leg is healing.
You have to buy the water, you drink, but the other water really isnt dangerous, you just can't drink regularly.
I asked Elder Rodriguez about the Feliz Navidad song, and he told me it is like a joke here, no one listens to it, what a shame.
For my call home I'll be using Skype, but I'm not sure if it will be exactly on Christmas Day, maybe Christmas Eve. It depends... because not a lot of members have computers, so we will most likely use a public one, but I think they close on the holidays. I'm still in the process of figuring this out.
OK... for Becca funny kid experiences. We were walking down the street when we passed a little boy. He said to us, "adios policia fedreal." Elder Rodriguez said that mean "those are the tough cops." Anyways, I then said, "adios niño." But after I thought I should have said something more creative like, "don't do drugs!"
Then we were in the house of a less active and the little girl asked me if she went to Wisconsin, if the people there would beat her up. Very funny.
We went bowling on Pday and it was expensive, but really fun.  150 pesos thats like 10 dollers. My first round i got a 59, then next a 87 then a 127. The last one should have been better, but I got a 2 and 6 in a row... so lame. But it was cool.
They have an ice skating rink there too, but its not open on Monday. We are going to try to change our Pday to another day and go as a district.

OK so as far as this week goes. There is a family that we are working with to reactive and they have come to church 3 times in a row, so we are going to baptize there son who is 10 soon. We went to the Christmas devotional of the first presidency, but its really hard to pay attention when everything is in Spanish. I can understand it, but its really easy to lose attention. I really liked how Pres Uchtdorf talked how we shouldn't stress out around Christmas. And of course, President Monson's talk was really good and quite funny with a good message. 
Other than that what else happened?... its hard to think back on a whole week. Just regluar stuff. Contacts, couple lessons, visiting less actives and yeah. thats about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment