Tuesday. Well in the morning we went to a less active’s house, and using my great knowledge and skills I removed viruses from his computer and flash drive. But I told him that they would come back if he didn’t go to church. Not really, but that would have been funny. Then... my comp lost the keys to the house and to the church. Good thing I always had the spare house keys in my backpack. But we still haven’t found his set...
Wednesday. We had our district meeting in our house because the keys to the church were lost. So that was fun, never a good idea to let other missionaries in your house, they always want to eat your food. We had a good plan. We hid all of our food, but some old bananas. haha. I think I told you about the old man who wants to be baptized. We went to visit him. Then we decided to do something super dangerous... cook something. Yes we made pancakes, or as they call them here Hot Cakes. We made them and it was pretty tough. Our pan didn’t have a handle, so we had to use a rag to hold the pan still. But they were quite good. Do you know what lechera is? We used it instead of syrup, it was really good. Then we went to bed with very full stomachs.
Thursday. So we did quite a few contacts this day. I think like 20. So in one of the contacts we talked to this older lady. She told us I’m not interested in your religion, but you make really good priests because your handsome, super handsome. Or in spanish son guapos, guapisimos. That contact was in the street. We later had the luck to knock her door. She came out, and told us, “I already told you I think you are very handsome, but I don’t want to hear any more.” Then we went and visited a less active family whose father died last Saturday. It’s pretty sad actually. They have two sons of 10 and 11. I guess on the good side they are now doing to try hard to fix things in their lives and be sealed as a family. They have the biggest house I’ve seen in Mexico. The father was the owner of the radio station here. We explained a bit about the plan of salvation to the kids and I think the sister of the wife will be baptized soon.
This might be the best story ever. So we went to a member’s house and when we got there the dad was just about to go out because apparently there was a puppy on the lose behind their house. I’m not sure what happened, but I think some highschoolers were messing with it earlier in the day, and it got away from them. Anyways, the brother asked if we could help him catch it. So we went out with him and his daughter Susan. So we were looking around for it and we saw it run away. It was pretty hard to follow it because there were a lot of cut down trees and brush where we were. So I saw it and went around to the other side of where Elder Johnson and the brother where going. That way I could cut it off. So.... They scared it out and I saw it and sprinted after it. It was quite fast. I ran and to my luck it had a leash on it, must have been from the highschoolers. I managed to catch up with it and step on the leash. It managed to pull the leash from under my foot and ran off again. I caught up again and step on the leash, then grabbed the leash with my hands so it couldn’t get away. Susan quickly came over picked it up and calmed it down. WOW, what more could Serdan ask for than missionaries that save puppies! lol It was pretty epic - jumping over branches and dodging trees.
Friday. At night we made pancakes in our room, because we sprayed poison in the kitchen and bathroom. We had a bunch of ants and so we sealed ourselves off from the rest of the house and our room smelt of wonderful pancakes and was a bit warmer. yay.
Sunday. Church. Then we went to do some contacting and the most exciting thing that has ever happened to me happened!!! I found a car with a WI license plate. But something even better happened on Monday. We went shopping and we wore our regular clothing, because we buy food, go to internet and then train, just so we don’t have to change like 5 times. So we went into the grocery store. We entered. We went toward the milk. THEN!!! I saw a woman wearing a WI shirt. Then I looked down, I was wearing the same shirt. When we got in check out she was in front of us. And she said to her little girl in English, "look they speak English." Then I asked her if she was from WI. And she said yes. It must have been her car!!! It’s rare to meet anyone from the US that is not from LA. Or to see US plates that aren’t Texas, but WI what are the odds. Wow what a day!!!
We went with a member to a waterfall. It was by far the most beautiful place I have seen in Mexico, with the rivers and waterfalls and everything. It was quite amazing. It was close to the mountain, and all the hills were super green and really quite amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment