Monday, January 16, 2012

Week 25 - 12/19/11

Sorry IM writing soo late, but all will be explained.
To answer questions.... for my birthday just send me whatever. Candy is good, there isn’t a whole lot of stuff I need.

Well I guess I’ll just start from the beginning.
Apparently last Saturday, like 10 days ago, there was an earthquake.  Everyone that we talked to felt it, including the other missionaries.  Elder Rodriguez and I didn’t feel anything. We were walking to a member’s house when it supposedly happened, and then the member asked us when we got there.  I guess it is because angels carry from place to place, so i think that is why we didn’t feel it.

I forgot to tell you this, but about a month ago, one of the boys was going to be ordained to deacon, and he asked that I would do it.  I really don’t know why, I don’t think I had ever talked to him...
Ok well. Then we were in the Galaxia.  And we walked by these high school age kids.  They started shouting swears in Spanish at us.  Then like 10 min later we walked back down that street and then they started yelling at us again.  Then one went in the house and came out with a big cooking knife in the door and shouted at us. Ya me ves.  Which means do you see me now?  And it was kind of pathetic.  I thought he was going to cook something for me with, using the knife to cut up the meat or something. But I guess not.  lol.

On Friday we had divisions with our district.  I went with Elder Hernandez to his area.  One of the appointments fell through so we went to this Christmas tree in his area where you can pedal the bike and power the tree.  It was in the day so the lights were not on, but it was still fun.  Hey, it’s our job to give service to the community right? Then at the end of the day, we went back with our companions.  Me and elder Rodriguez went and got some tacos arabes..... then the story begins....
Saturday morning I woke up at 5:30 with really bad stomach pain.  (edited description of being sick…)  So yeah, I really used to like tacos arabes, but they really don’t taste as good the second time around.... I don’t know if I will ever be able to eat them again lol.  But we had some important apts so Elder Bertha and Hernandez came.  Bertha stayed with me in the house and the 2 others went out.  At this point I didn’t really have any liquids left in my body.  Anyways that’s my Saturday.  The doctor told me medicine I should buy and I spent another 150 pesos on medicine.  How I still have money who knows.  But all is good.  Then Sunday, in church... no one came....  that’s fun.

So the president changed the changes for today, so the other elders that were going to go home on the 26th didn’t have to miss 3 Christmases.  Sooooo......  we had to drop something off in the mission home for one of the missionaries going home, and then to our surprise we got the pleasure of bringing a zone leader with us to sleep with us in our house....  We were going to say good bye to our convert Guadalupe Carmona but.... she is a single sister, but her son is always there who is 14, so technically he doesn’t count and we shouldn’t enter.  So quickly found Spencer, who is the American and I explained the situation in English and he went with us so we could say good bye for the exchanges.  So then we got back to pack because we both are leaving the area.  We packed and everything... super fun. I managed to fit everything in the 2 large suitcases, including the small carry on suitcase lol.
Then we went to a church to get the changes.  I got my new area, it’s called Serdan.  My new comp is from Idaho Falls.  He seems nice, I don’t know if like the idea of having an American comp, but we will see.

We left and took a bus from 2 1/2 hours to get to area. This city is literally in the middle of nowhere.  We drove through so much nothing to get here lol. But the house is nice.  And it looks like it has a shower.  Which is awesome!  But this new area means that I don’t know what will be happening for the Christmas call.  We had plans with members, but they now fell through.  It will be be the 24th or 25th, and we are going to try to find out what we will do for it.  I will take more pictures for next week.
As far as teaching goes we were going to baptize a kid that is 10 and we have worked to reactivate his family.  But he wants his dad to baptize him, so it will take a little bit more time before his dad is worthy.  But that is good motivation for the family to keep active.

That’s my week!
Elder Wigington

No comments:

Post a Comment