Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Week 37 - 3/12/12

Well what happen, well, let me just tell you.
Soooo....
Tuesday.  We woke up bright and early at 4:30 in the morning so we could get to the Stake Center in time for the meeting.  We got to stake center at like 8:30 just in time for the district leader meeting. After this meeting ended, I went off on divisions with one of the zone leaders. Anyways so we went to an appointment with one of his investigators.  She was an interesting one... said a lot of words that i don’t know... and that usually means that they are not the best words to be using. Then we headed back to the house, we studied, then we went out again.  So then we went to a less active.  Then something really funny happened.  She asked me if I had a sister. And then went on about how beautiful my sister must be.  Wow, Becca is even getting shout outs from Mexico.  Then we went to sleep on the hard hard floor.
Wednesday. Well.......  we woke up.  Went to interviews with the President.   Then we had training from the assistants. We went on the bus to get home. We got back at like 8ish.  Then I opened my birthday box.  Well the Mexican government wanted a little bit of the birthday fun as well I supposed and had opened about half of the gifts.... but at least I got them, from what it seemed everything was there.  Wow those gifts were so creative I loved it.  Becca, I love the idea of tricking the people with the pen.  I mean, I wouldn’t want them to think I had a pen.  Then they won’t try to attack because they will be like, wow that’s a scary knife. Then Matthew, those cards were awesome, the notes were funny.  My companion got really jealous of the Pokemon ones haha. The workout cards are cool, some of the workouts look pretty tough.    And always the food is super.  Rice Krispies are awesome!
Thursday. We really didn’t have much work to do in our area. So we just did a whole bunch of contacting!!! Like a ton!  We contacted 70 people! We knocked like a million doors.  And that’s really all we did.
Friday.  We returned to a bunch of the appointments that we had set with the contacts and like no one was there.  Yeah.... 
Saturday.  We did a little more contacting.  We found this guy we began to teach and he agreed with everything we said... sometimes before we even finished saying it.  We were talking about baptism and how Christ was baptized and he said yeah, they do it a little different now.  And I responded we did need to do it just like Christ did it, and he then said yes absolutely I mean we have to do it exactly like Christ showed us. Then I just answered, so will you do it just like Christ did it and he said yes.  So that was interesting, we will see if anything ends up happening with him. 
Sunday.  Someone from the stake came and gave a talk about how everyone needs to pay their tithing. Then we had one of the most scary foods I’ve ever had in my life.  Half was this meat, but I don’t know if I can call it meat.  It really didn’t have much flavor... I have no idea what it was called but the texture was between chicken skin and the fat on a stake. Ugh..... I was just praying that it would turn in to mom’s pot pie or the soup “she makes on purpose” lol.  [Note: Curtis strongly dislikes the pot pie and soup he is referring to!]  Then we made some visits and that is about it.
Yes what a week huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment