Monday, October 8, 2012

Week 66 - 10/1/2012



I’m writing a little late just because we have been running around a lot today. I bought some protein so you don’t have to worry about that.

Hey interesting note… did I tell you Elder J. is a zone leader now?? Moved up when I left the office…

Tuesday. Well we had divisions the whole day. I went with my district leader. He only has one more change after this. He is a little bit dead... Haha. But I made him work. It was funny we went to the food and it was in a Pueblo like 30 minutes away. When we got there we just asked the first person we saw where this sister lived and they knew. I asked her how everyone knows her in the Pueblo. She said, “Well you know I’m just really gossipy.” Haha. I think it is one of those Dean Wigington type of affects in a small town.

Wednesday. Well... district meeting. We had a few lessons and nothing too exciting. We taught the law of chastity. That was interesting; this person asked a lot of specific questions... gotta love it.

Thursday. Well the morning was normal work out and study. Haha. We were teaching a less active sister and she went off talking about some dream. I don’t even remember what happened in it but it is so funny.  People here always seem to have crazy dreams and take them 100% seriously. They learn some random lessons from it. Interesting…

Friday. Hey I got to 9 chin ups in the work out. I know it’s not that impressive, but its improvement for me. We taught Jonathan, the big guy. We’re getting him ready for baptism.

Saturday. We went to visit a less active and she needed help with her computer. She said it has been slow and thought it had a virus. So I was looking at it and it didn’t seem to have a virus. Then I looked at it’s system info: it had 0.5 GB of ram and a 800 mega HZ cpu. I think it’s just old.... I mean there are cell phones that have more horse power than that!. Haha. We went to eat with Hectors family. All was peaceful, but then the son came down and was going to go do something, who knows then the dad, Hector chew him out and it was like a half hour of him swearing at his son. Then the son left and Hector told us, oh Elders please share me something that will fix all our problems and want to know why God abandoned him even though he got the spirit confirmed. I shared the scripture about cleaning the inward vessel first. Maybe I was a little harsh... but you gotta do what you gotta do. Then after we left we were going to clean the font for the baptism, but we got a call from Jonathan saying he wasn’t going to be baptized. So we ran over there and had to fix a whole bunch of misunderstandings. Basically his uncle, who is on the high council talked to him and made him feel unworthy to get baptized.  Ugh… two steps forward one step back. We made him feel better and we put a new date for next week end. Our district leader did the interview. But bad news, he want me to baptize him. I have no idea how I will do it. I’ve been working out, but that’s like baptizing Dale (he’s huge!).

That was one stressful day. I had to listen to everyone’s problems. ugh.

Sunday. Church. There was a 30 min talk on not dating before 16. Let me let you. To have to listen to in Spanish is the most boring topic in the world. Then for the 3rd hour, it was an hour of how the church started in Mexico. Fun, fun, fun... Well then we went to the food. It was an old man who told us his life story for an hour. But it was all good. I was really hot and sweaty and needed a little break. Then we had a quick lesson and that was about it. We had 27 lesson this week. That’s like a mission record for me. Haha.

Today, Monday. Well we were going to go to this cool place with our district . We left early in the morning and turns out... we wait for like an hour and the bus that was going to take us there never showed. So we just went and had breakfast with a member. Then we went to Sams Club to buy food. I got my huge thing of pancake mix. 100 peso for a month of breakfast and dinner. Good stuff. I also grabbed some protein, it was like 600 pesos, but it should last a long time. I had some money that was left over from last month so I had to use it up. It didn’t hurt me at all. Let me tell you, if there is one thing I do right in the mission, its money management. I have no idea how I survived in the office with all the buses we took. Haha.

Ok that’s all. It’s past time and I got to go hope you all have a great week.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment