Tuesday. We taught a guy who owns a pretty nice
bar. Pretty cool lesson actually. He planned on getting baptized last December,
but decided not to. My companion thought it was because he read anti-Mormon
doctrine or because he thought the members would judge him for owning a bar.
Anyways… I just asked him. Why didn’t you get baptized in December, did you
read anti-Mormon stuff or are you afraid of being judged for having a bar.
Turns out he doesn’t what to become like one of his Mormon friends that is
always saying everything is a sin. I learned from Elder M.
that if you’re polite but direct you save a lot of time and actually can work
on what the problem is. Haha. We taught Jonathan again. I think he was in Hectors
baptism pics. The really big guy.
Wednesday. We had a zone conference
with Elder Johnson a Seventy. He shook our hands and asked where we are from.
He is from the Mormon colonies in Mexico so he speaks English and Spanish
perfect. He asked where I was from. I say Wisconsin. He was like oh… Lot’s of
cheese there. Yeah.... I was about to give a cheese head battle cry, but
thought it would be better not to. He talked about a lot of stuff but mostly
focused on how a lot of people don’t understand the physical nature of God. We
should focus a lot on that in our teaching. Then in the second part he had us
all close our eyes and said if you woke up at 6:30 every day this week raise
your hand, 6 days in the week, 5 days, 4 days, and so on. I’m so glad that he came in this
part of my mission, because I could proudly raise my hand for the whole week. I
guess not too many did because he said there is an obvious problem in this
mission. He made an interesting promise. If we wake up every day at 6:30 we will
never have any problems with serious transgressions in the mission, but if you
don’t, you will run the risk of commit a serous sin in the mission. Wow, scary.
Yeah, but it was a really got conference. Just a few lessons after that.
Thursday. Very busy day, I think we
taught 7 lessons. The whole day we spent focusing on what Elder Johnson taught
us about teaching of the physical nature of God. We taught a few less actives
and it amazes me how many people don’t understand who God really is. We taught
lessons but nothing to interesting. We went to the church to teach and we found
the other elders teaching one of our investigators we hadn’t seen in a week. We
thought she didn’t want to hear anymore after the first lesson. It turns out
she showed up to their sacrament meeting and they stole her. How dare they?!
Ugh… but technically she doesn’t live in either of our areas. Our bishop is
going to help us steal her back to our area by finding her a house in our ward
haha.
Friday. Really slow day for some
reason. Pretty much everything fell through. We only taught one lesson the
whole day. It was to an older lady. Her son must have been in his upper
twenties. He came in and was like, Mom, did you make me food. No. MOM, I’M
HUNGRY! MOM, I’M HUNGRY MAKE ME SOMETHING. It was probably the most pathetic
thing I have ever seen in my life. Yeah... got to wonder sometimes... At night
we went to a farewell of a sister who is going on a mission. A counselor of the stake presidency gave a really good take
about the 3 most important decisions he has made in his life. Being baptized,
going on the mission, and who he should marry. I don’t remember much so you
will just have to my word for it, it was good.
Saturday. Well some lessons. We went
to a less active and she is taking care of an old woman to is 98 years old for
her job. Wow, I could not do that.... So we went to teach at the church. The
youth bought pizza for their activity and they invited us to it. Good eating!
Then we went to a lesson at like 8, but it was literally in the middle of
nowhere at the edge of the hills. It was an interesting lesson because it was a
family of like 6. They wanted to do it
outside... without lights. It was like pitch black. You could only see figures
of where they were. The cool part was I could take little naps while my comp talked!
Haha. Not really, but I could have. They have a pet owl. That’s cool, huh? I
think it’s illegal here, but they found it hurt in the road and they took care
of it so. I would have to say walking back to the house at 9 was kind of scary;
it was pretty dark out in the middle of nowhere. Haha. So… I finished 15
months. Single digits that’s strange.
Sunday. We were talking with the other elders before
our meetings started. Some members were wanting to know why the Observatorio elders
look so much more tired. Are you saying up all night? No..... we are working
and waking up on time..... Haha. But there are times we look like zombies.
Monday. Today, well we cleaned the
house again. I know hard to believe, but I can clean. Then we went to the
pool.... or to play pool. Haha… scared you for a second didn’t I! Surprisingly
I’m pretty good, or the other 3 elder are not. But I was dominating to be
humble. We played like 4 games on teams and my team won every time. Ha. Who
would have guessed. Oh… when we left the billiard place some guy came up and
asked for money. He said he was from some other Central American country. He ask
me to give him and coin, and said he wasn’t from here. I was like “me neither,
isn’t that weird.” He was like, “yeah but you are a gringo, which is slightly
offensive to say to an American. So I said, “No, I’m from Germany.” He looked kind of confused and
then we walked away. White people are just too confusing.
Hey just to give you an update.
Working out is coming good. I’m not sore the next day anymore. I’m still stuck
at 7 pull ups. In the upcoming weeks I hope to see improvement. I wonder where
I can buy protein here. My diet right now is pancake hamburgers. I’m sure that
is really healthy! haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment