Ugh... This keyboard is so bad. Oh how I miss my old computer haha. But what
can you do.
Monday. Well last day
as secretary. We had a great breakfast
in the morning at the mission house because we had to teach the new
missionaries about secretary stuff. We went to the mission house again later for
the good-bye for two elders that were going home. Another good dinner. My companion and I had to take one elder to
the airport at one in the morning.
Tuesday. We went home
and we packed until like one in the morning. And we woke up early go to the
mission house. To our surprise another great breakfast. Mmm waffles.
Anyways we took the other elder to the airport. Got back in the middle of changes. Got my new companion: Elder N. We took a two hour bus ride to my area. They put a movie on in this bus... two bad it
had to be the lamest chick flick ever... There is nothing like being trapped on
a bus for two hours with a chick flick going... in Spanish haha… Anyways... I
unpacked a little, we went to eat and then we taught a lesson. And bedtime.
Wednesday. Well we woke up and guess what? We are out of gas
in the house, sooooo cold shower.
Actually in our other house we ran out of gas in the last week and no one
wanted to buy gas so I’m kind of used to cold showers haha. We taught some investigators
and less actives. Good stuff. Then at night we went to teach an
investigator who was going to be baptized on Saturday. His name is Hector. The elder that just left the area was planning
on come back to baptize him. Hector told me, “Hey, if Elder M.
doesn’t end up being able to come I want you to baptize me because I want an American
to do it, cause that’s where the church started and I think it will be better.”
American power, huh.
Thursday. Well we
woke up and... there was no water. Sad
day. We had to find the owner to turn on
the pump. We went and talked to our bishop about what we had to do to get Hector
and his wife married so that he could get baptized. The bishop is a very interesting guy, sure
loves his coca cola. Speaking of which, I
don’t think I’ve told you, but everyone here, meaning all of Mexico, drink a
lot of it, like more than water. Oh so
we were supposed to be getting a delivery for the things that the house was
missing. It was on an order I had made
for all the mission when I was in the offices.
So apparently the zone leaders had told us that they had already dropped
the stuff off at our house, but when we were there we didn’t see anything and
we didn’t know where they left it. So I called the company the order was with
and it was pretty funny because they were like ugh... ok... what house was
it... I said it should be on the order as Elder M, but I’m Elder Wigington. Then all of a sudden they were like oh Elder
Wigington, yes, we dropped it off with the owner at blah blah time and
blah. But the funny part was that they
just got super nice and polite when they knew it was me. It is because I had talked to them like 50
times to get the order all organized and you know the respect you get when you
make a 20,000 dollar order to a company. Haha.
Friday. We have
gotten some good references from the members this week. We taught a reference - mom and son - that
accepted the book of Mormon right off the bat.
Saturday.
WEDDING. Aww.... There are some pictures off it. Yes it is just the ones of where they are
sitting at the old desk. I had to chip in
100 pesos to make it happen. Well then
later in the night we had the baptism of Hector and his son Fancel.
Sunday. Church! Well Hector had me confirm him.
Ok. So just other random things… The other day it rained
super hard, but only for like 30 min.
Then the streets turned into rivers.
You had to use the speed bumps as bridges. And it was kind of like maze.
This area is pretty cool. There are some big hills or
mountains out there. We mostly work in the
city.
I actually really enjoy working as a regular missionary again. It came back pretty easily. Also being senior companion is so much
better. You can decide that you’re going
work hard and just, well, do everything you are supposed to do. Elder N. is 100 percent willing to work. So we have had some pretty good days. Just teaching and walking around all
day. Something interesting changed with
the way we do numbers. From now on, we
don’t report how many people we contact, but now the number of less actives we
work with in church. So that’s cool; president wants us to work with the less
actives to find investigators more than knocking doors. But he said you should still do it if the
spirit says so... the spirit usually doesn’t tell me to knock doors... or I
just don’t listen… haha… I’m just kidding.
I have really enjoyed this week so far.
It’s a lot better when you’re just working hard.
I got a letter from Becca.
I read it during sacrament meeting... I mean before I went to bed.... It
made me smile.
Yeah and I love new areas where no one can say your name,
makes it so no one calls on you during priesthood. Haha. So
apparently they said something about Wisconsin on iCarly because a bunch of the
young men have made comments about iCarly when I say I’m from Wisconsin.
Elder Curtis Wigington
No comments:
Post a Comment