Monday, October 8, 2012

Week 67 - 10/8/2012


Well what did I think when they changed the missionary age to 18? Umm... Hey.. I would be home by now if I left at 18! But really it’s not that weird for me because lots of Mexicans come in at 18.

Tuesday. Well we were getting ready in the morning and my comp decided to clean the ice out of the fridge. Went at with a knife. I was doing other stuff... but told him it probably wasn’t the best idea... A few minutes later he hit a spot with the knife and gas came out. Ugh... I think he killed the fridge. But don’t worry, we found a member that said he can fix it. So… we will see. It was a very awful day. Like the worst day since I left the office. Literally ever appointment and backup plan few through... we walked all over our area and no one was home. Even knocking doors we couldn’t find anyone. What can you do? haha.

Wednesday. Well we had our district meeting and Elder Scoville asked me to give it. So I got there right at 9:30 but everyone else was late. The zone leaders and assistants to the president also showed up. Normally it would freak me out to have to teach a district meeting with a zone leader and assistant, but after being secretary... they really don’t seem too high and mighty anymore. Haha. Good missionaries, but nothing more. So yeah it went well. Overall, it was another very slow day. Not much more.

Thursday. Well we taught an investigator. Last time he had brought a friend and it seemed like she was just fighting us the whole time. But she came to the lesson this time and was really nice and it was very strange. A mighty change of heart you could say… haha. After that we went to teach another lady. She was heading to a birthday party so she invited us to go. So we went. They gave us cake and then we taught the whole family the restoration. Wow, that would not make me happy if two missionaries crashed my birthday and taught a lesson. Well you know they were just so fascinated by my green eyes that the transition from the topic green eyes and white skin to gospel went fairly smooth and before they knew it they were listening to a lesson Haha. Gotta watch out for those white guys.

Friday. Pretty slow day as well. But the bishop bought us tacos. That was cool. One or two lesson with less actives. About it.

Saturday. So we went to the morning general conference session. We Americans had our private English viewing room. VIP. Haha. But there was something strange in this room, foreign, very unexpected, American girls. Where the heck did they come from? I guess they are students from a non-profit organization founded by BYU to teach English in elementary school. Talking to Americans is normal because you’re always taking with missionaries, but American girls?... just weird. They are so white. Haha. From what they said I think they get more street shout outs that we do! Which kind of makes me sad, I’m a little jealous. Ok anyways back to conference. It was good. None of our investigators showed up. After the second session we had the baptism of Jonathan. I baptized him. Well you know. When I was there I was there about to dunk him in the water I was scared I wasn’t going to be able to lift the big guy out of the water.  Actually it wasn’t that hard. I guess it’s just cause I’m so strong or it was like one of those effects that when you pull an air filled ball underwater it pops right up. Haha. ok ill shut up now. Yeah priesthood was good, too.

Sunday. Good conference as well. I don’t remember who said what, but it was feeling pretty good. Usually as a missionary you don’t get pressured too much. They tell all the young men to go on missions... well I’m already on the mission and they tell all the returned missionaries to get married, so I can’t do that now. So… I was feeling pretty good, no pressure. And then they had that talk. "If you want this Ask the Missionaries, if you want that, Ask the Missionaries." Shooooooooot. Haha. Not really, they do that anyways. 
Monday. Well we went to our district leaders' house in the morning. But first we did exercise. This week was the rest week and was pretty easy. We went to a place called puerto de aire: the port of air. It gets really foggy in the morning; kind of a cool affect.

Ok well that's about it. Good bye for now.

Elder Warrington. That’s a new one Hector calls me.

No comments:

Post a Comment