Sunday, November 25, 2012

Week 68 - 10/15/12


Hey before everything, guess what, I’m going to train.  I’ll be getting a new missionary tomorrow. 
Tuesday.  We had zone conference from 10 in the morning until 4:30 ish.  They gave us some good tacos after.  Unfortunately, we forgot to cancel the food appointment, so we went and ate right after we were full.  So... we had to somehow manage more food in our stomach ugh.  The challenges you face in the mission.  But in the conference I found out that Dario from my last area got baptized!  I think he was an investigator for like 5 years.  

Wednesday.  Guess what? We had another zone conference.  Well we were teaching a guy and it was super awesome.  He just accepted baptism and then we were about to put a baptismal date and.... then one of his friends showed up out of nowhere and everything died...  But we will see him this week and we will be able to put the date I suppose. 
Thursday. Slow morning.  Weekly planning.  We now have mormon.org in spanish so we set up our accounts.  Kind of funny that I have a profile now in Spanish but not English... 

Friday.  A few lessons.  Normal stuff.  Elder Juarez in our district finished 6 months in the mission so we burned his tie.  That was fun.  Good stuff.
Saturday.  Ok so I had to go to Puebla to have the conference for all those who were going to train.  We got to presidents house really early so I went to visit some people in my first area.  Sad news.  All the people that have been baptized in that ward in the past year and a half don’t go to church anymore...  I tried to visit my first convert, but she wasn’t home. 

Sunday.  The other son of Hector wants to get baptized now.  So hopefully he will be baptized soon. 
Monday.  Wow what a p-day.  So a brother told us about some ruins that were in our area.  So we went with him really early in the morning.  We got to the place where they were supposed to be, but there were archaeologists there and there was a police officer guarding the entrance.  So we paid him 25 pesos to talk to the archaeologist to let us in. He got permission and this lady gave us a little tour.  Really interesting.  Cool pictures.  Then after we went to the church because the stake president bought us all food because our zone broke a baptism record in Tehuacan this month.  Cool stuff. Yeah bout it. 

Elder Curtis Wigington

No comments:

Post a Comment