Tuesday. Well we left early in the morning on the bus to Puebla to go to the changes. They told us our changes and I got my companion, Elder Uribe, who is from the state of Mexico. That’s about 2 hours away from Puebla. That’s like getting called to Illinois haha. But he seems like a good guy. Seems like a good missionary. On the way back from the changes the movie on the bus was Tron, but you know missionaries can’t watch movies, so I read my book of Mormon. No that’s a lie, I just slept because well, gotta be a good example.
Wednesday. Well we
had our district meeting and it went well.
The other companionship actually showed up on time. We had a good lesson with a man named Luis
Arturo. We put a baptismal date for the 3rd of November. I had forgotten how new, new missionaries are.
haha, I guess that’s why it’s called training.
Thursday. Ugh. weekly
planning, And this time I had to do it like really really good. We have one hour of personal study, 2 of
comp, a one language.... 4 hours. Let me
tell you that gets a little old sometimes.
Haha So I asked my companion if
he had set a goal for the amount of baptisms he wanted in his mission. He said he set the goal of 120, so that about
30-40 would be active members... Wow. He
then asked me how many I had up until now.
I told him that I wasn’t going to tell him because I didn’t want to
affect his goal... Haha maybe 120 LESSONS in the mission. Gotta love new missionaries.
Friday. One of our
appointments fell through and so I was like shoot we have to contact now. We usually have lots of lessons, but we had
nothing so we started knocking doors. I
also forgot that knocking doors was something nerve- racking for new
missionaries. But anyways on our 3rd
door they let us in. That was pretty
cool.
Sunday. We had a baptism! Wow.
It was of an 18 year old named Saul.
I really didn’t talk about him much before. I think it was because with him it was so
easy, he literally accepted everything when we told it to him. Like no problems with anything. Monday. Well... we were going to go to some water deposits or something like that. Here in Tehuacan they make soda and it’s where they get the water to make the soda. But it was closed so we went and hung out with the bishop as a district. I got a haircut. Cost me a whole 25 peso. I don’t think I’ll be able to go back to the US where they charge more than 2 bucks for a haircut, and tips don’t exist here.
That’s just about it.
Love you all
No comments:
Post a Comment