Tuesday. We had to
wake up bright and early at 5:30 so we could get to Puebla in time for the
training meeting at 10. It was good, but just a little long.
We
got back to Tehuacan at like 9:30.
Wednesday. We had our
district meeting. I had to give it
because my district leader had to have surgery on his foot. Anyways nothing too exciting except a bird
flew into the church and we spent like 30 minutes trying to chase it out. Then we taught Jonathan’s mom and we tried to set a baptismal date with her. But she said she wouldn’t get baptized until January
because she has to finish some of the promises that she has made with the
virgin... What can you do, what can you do.
Friday. The day
before, a brother gave us a corn and shrimp soup. It was pretty good, but in the morning my
stomach was killing me. I just felt
stomach sick all day. On the bright side, the sister gave us money to buy
food because she wasn’t going to be able to make it, so I just ate a piece of bread
for lunch and by the end of the day it was gone.
Saturday. Well I woke
up and I had an awful cold. So in the
morning we went out to buy cold meds. We
bought some cold medicine that was 26 pesos for 25 pills. That’s like 2 bucks for 25 pills. I took them and they worked, but they made me
so tired. In the lessons we taught after that I must have looked really drugged
or something. Anyways, then we went to
the food and the medicine was wearing off.
It was super spicy. My nose was
already runny, but then it was running a ton. Also my eyes were dry so when I
started to eat the spicy food, they started to water a ton. So when you have your hands in the spicy food
you shouldn’t wipe you face or it will burn, I know that from past
experience. So basically I was there, crying, super runny
nose and you probably would have thought I just had a very spiritually lesson
or something haha. It was funny, not really in the moment, but think about it…it
was funny. Then at night we had a ward talent show it was cool. I did the cube. I think I got like 18
seconds, not bad. It was fun.
Sunday. We had our 7
hours of church again. But good news,
the stake president’s wife invited us to Thanksgiving and she is American. I guess I got
lucky for both of my thanksgivings. They
don’t celebrate it here in the south of Mexico. I heard that in the north some do, but no one
here. So that’s cool.
Monday. We had our
zone activity and we went up to the cross again. Ugh such a long hike, but it was a lot easier
this time without 12 year olds. After we
ate tacos together it was a lot of fun.
Goodtimes. Fun fun. Ok well that’s the week. Hope you are all happy and everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment