Sunday, December 9, 2012

Week 74 - 11/26/12


You are not going to believe what happened.  I don’t even believe it yet.  I’m leaving Observatorio.  Me and my companion are both leaving.  I’m so confused, we haven’t finished the training yet, I don’t know why we would be changing areas, if we will be staying together or what’s up.
Wednesday. Well we had our district meeting in the morning.  Then pretty much normal day.  Few lesson here and there. Good stuff.
Thursday.  Well big day.  Thanksgiving!!  Yay.  The stake president’s wife is American and there are a bunch of interns that work at their school teaching English.  So they made thanksgiving dinner and all of us missionaries and the teachers ate turkey and mashed potatoes and rolls and yes I actually like gravy now weird huh.  Anywho, the funny thing is that it brought back old memories, not of thanksgiving, but of something else.  It reminded me of etiquette night when I was in the youth program. All the teachers are college girls from the US and then like half the missionaries are Americans, but all the missionaries were in their group talking and the girls on their side talking.  Seeing as we weren’t going to go over there and flirt... there was a separation that reminded me of all the good old youth activities haha.  But the food was really good. 
Friday. So we had our interviews with president and he the first thing he asked me is if I was writing my mom every week. Of course president.   Anyways. ..then just regular mission stuff.
Saturday.  Hey, guess what.  Baptism.  Yay.  It was in the Tehuacan ward.  Really good guy.  He quit smoking and everything.  I think I had told you a little bit about him in other emails.  My companion baptized him, it was the first time he had ever baptized anyone so that was really great.  I’m happy for him. 
Sunday. Another 7 hours of church... so long.  The Primary did the program in the sacrament meeting.  It reminded me of when mom used to do all that.  Haha.  Anyways so after church we ate then we went back and with some of the brothers to the church. We went over the list of the ward members and tried to update the whole thing.  Some people that had moved, died, or fell of the face of the earth you know.  Basically we spent 2 hours on it and we only covered about half...  SO we have to keep working on that.  Then we got the call in the night that we were going to have changes and I was just so confused.  It’s weird because when you’re training you are with your comp at least 3 months and we are only half way there, so strange.
Monday, today.  Well, packing in the morning and we have gone around saying goodbye to everyone.  Ugh i hate saying goodbye.  Even more in this area. I thought I was going to have a least another month and a half to work here.  There are so many things I wanted to finish.  So many people that were progressing and we will see what happens with them. 
Ok well that’s about it.  Just saying goodbye to everyone.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment