This is something really important.
With the changes of the time in the MTC (now it’s only 6 weeks for
those learning a language), they had to adjust when the changes are, so basically
my release date has changed. President
gave us 2 options. For me it would be
June 10th or July 22. I’ve been thinking
and praying about what I should do and I’ve come to this conclusion. The reasons why I would want to go home on June
10th would be so that I could be there for Becca’s birthday, 4th of July, and
work. July 22, for my whole life I will
be able to say I served 25 months, I
honestly wouldn’t be doing anything too productive if I went home earlier. Probably just chasing down girls, but seeing
as everyone is now going on a mission with the age change I don’t think there will
be any around when I get home. And I
think I might just get more blessings.
Monday. Well as you
know we had changes. I stayed up until 2
cleaning the house so that it was all super clean and awesome for the next
missionaries to come.
Tuesday. Well I woke up really early to be able to get to
the bus station on time. There was a lot
of traffic so we got to the changes really late.
Well they told us our changes and....
we were going together to Huejotzingo.
We got to the house and there was a mountain of dirty dishes and the
rest of the house was pretty bad.
Literally this is the second time I have come to an area after this
particular missionary and it was super dirty. Anyways so we started to look in
the area book to see what they had as far as investigators.... NOTHING… the
last time they touched that thing must have been over 3 months ago.... so we didn’t
know what to do sooooo.... we called the
bishop. We ate at his house and talked a bit.
Then we spent the rest of the day cleaning. We got it to be pretty
good. Let me tell you the fridge
reeked. Like nasty. I sprayed that thing down with so much bleach. But we actually had to go out and buy all of
our cleaning supplies because there was nothing in the house. I really don’t know how they could live
there.
Well there are a few good things. Elder Morga is my district leader! Great missionary. I got an awesome lego christmas
calender. That was probably the most
exciting thing ever. I can’t believe how much I still love legos. On a clear day from the top of our house you
can see el pico de orizaba… the volcano that was in Serdan.
Wednesday. In the
morning we woke up and it was cold, ssoo cold. We went with the bishop again.
He was going to show us around more but he was busy so he just told us where
another member lived. Our area has like
4-5 pueblos in it so we have to take a lot of transport. Anyways, we were with the bishop in Santa Ana. And we went to look for another member. We actually got really lucky because the
address he gave us we never would have found, but the brother went to buy
tortillas and saw us. So that was
cool. From there they told us where the
relief society president lived so we went to visit her, she took us to more
members. So basically we were just
member jumping. One left us with
another. And that’s how we started to
get to know some people.
Thursday. We went
through the area book and organized all the former investigators and organized
it by location. So we can go looking for
them in a very efficient manner. We got
to know a return missionary that apparently helps a lot with everything in the
missionary work. He got back from the
mission 6 months ago so he has been helping us a bit.
Saturday. We spent
more time looking for people to teach... I hate to say it but at times like
this it might be nice to be able to contact... The sister had given us money
and we bought Chinese food. It was good
something different.
Sunday. So I was in my personal study and trying to think of
how I could get the work going. We
have literally nothing. So I was like
well I got to do something. I put
together a calendar for the members to sign up for a day to receive the first
lesson, and then a list that all the priesthood could fill out with their
schedule so that we could call them and have them go with us on lessons. Anyways we got to church there was sacrament
meeting. A man showed up that looked
like an investigator. I talked to him
and he was a member that hadn’t gone to church in over 3 years and for some
reason he just decided to go today. Let me tell you that was a little blessing
right there. So in priesthood I got the calendar and the
list filled out. I think it will help a
lot. At least the members know that we will be working hard. After the service
a brother came up to us and said, “Hey I think you elders are actually going to
work. Call me sometime, my brother is
less active and I want you to work with him.” So that’s good. After, there was a baptism of a little
girl. Then we watched the Christmas devotional. It was good, but just as Pres. Monson was
talking the baby next to me threw up all over her mom, Ugh that just made me
lose all my attention to the talk. But
it was really good.
Monday. Washed clothes.
But on the bright side we have a washing machine, I think Nephi may have
used it, but at least it works some what.
I guess. We cleaned and bought
food. But we didn’t have to buy too much
because we brought all of our food with us to our area haha. We still have 6 kilos of pancake mix. No sams
club so sad...
Love you all
Elder Curtis Wigington
No comments:
Post a Comment