Monday, May 20, 2013

Week 94 - 4/15/13


Tuesday. We had our zone training. It was a 3 hour training that my companion and I had to give to help the zone complete its baptism goal. Pretty fun stuff. At night we had a meeting with the Stake President and President Reeves. Then after the meeting President was like. "oh hey, so I have my meeting with the area 70 this Thursday and they want a few planners of the zone leaders. So in the morning I’ll pick up your planner for this change and the one before." Umm... right. I think I felt a little bit what judgment day might feel like haha. I definitely did not fill in any empty spaces... Actually if there was any moment in my mission that I would have wanted president to take my planner now was probably the best... haha.
Wednesday. We did exchanges. I went with a new missionary who, like the others, didn’t know any Spanish. I’m so glad I’m not in that phase of my mission anymore. We ate a ton at 4 for the "food" and then later at 6 we showed up to an appointment and it was with a less active return missionary. He was really excited because he bought us pizza. He told us how he could eat so much while he was in the mission and so he bought on pizza for me and my comp and another for the family.
Thursday. Weekly planning. It’s a good thing my companion was so diligent because I was so distracted for some reason. It was kind of similar to when I have to clean my room haha.

Friday. I literally have no idea. Hmmm... maybe I’ll just make something up. Ok well I don’t know if this happened Friday or a different day, but it happened this week. So I hadn’t refilled my oil container for like 2 weeks now and my companion’s broke so he never had oil on him. A sister asked us if we could give her a blessing. We went to the house, I filled up my oil and we left and gave her a blessing. Then we were going to see if we could find someone to teach and a man stopped us in the street and told us that he was sick and his brother who is a member told him he could ask us for a blessing. We went to his house, which actually wasn’t in our area but we gave him a blessing and were able to pass the reference to the other elders. Pretty cool experience, good thing that sister got sick or i wouldn’t have had oil. Side note, when we got to his house he is catholic so he had his virgin statue and they usually put a big bible opened on the shrine table. I looked at the bible and it was one of the ones that our church makes with the large text for those who have bad sight. The bible there with foot note references to the Book of Mormon and Jospeh Smith translation references. Haha good stuff.
Saturday. So we pretty much walked around the whole day looking for people to teach. We got a reference earlier in the day. So we stopped by her house. We got there and she was alone so we couldn’t go in. Then she was like well, can we do it outside then. We were like wow, she is actually interested, so I made a few phone calls and we found a member nearby that was home. We went and we taught. Very spiritual lesson. She accepted baptism and then said she was going to go church. The interesting part is that her mom was baptized 20 some years ago and move to a pueblo where there was no church then never heard of it until now. I was definitely murmuring earlier that day because we had nothing... oops... haha
Sunday. In the morning we went to take this new investigator to church and she was actually ready to go. She enjoyed church a lot. Another note. ..we are still teaching the parents of the missionary. And thanks to general conference they heard the story that the father went to his son’s mission so he could get baptized and now they want to do that... got to talk to president about that one. 
Hey just i bet you were all wondering how my exercise was going. Well in the morning I’m still doing pushups and pulls 50 pushups then 7 pull ups 8 times. Takes a little over 20 mintues. Then at night 15 minutes of abs. And im at about 92000 pushups in the mission haha.
bout it. Right now I feel a little stomach sick... ugh
Love you all
Elder Curtis Wigington

No comments:

Post a Comment