Monday, May 20, 2013

Week 93 - 4/8/13


Tuesday. We had a trainers and leadership meeting. From like 9 to 5. It was pretty good. It was funny I was talking to Elder M before and he said he is doing all the work that we had to do as secretaries. They had to make some booklet things and they were in the office until 12 at night haha. Anyways in the conference it was good, probably the best part was that the president gave us an example of how to correct someone and the first one was a bad example. Elder M and him sat down and President said, Elder M your tie is really ugly, let me help you with that and then he cut it in half. Didn’t see that one coming haha. Then he gave a good example. So the conference was for trainers and leaders, so that’s everyone on the zone, so we had sent a bunch of new missionaries back to their areas during the conference and they didn’t know how to get around very good… anyways we had to make a million phone calls and by 7:00 everyone was back in their areas. ugh...
Wednesday. Well we did exchanges. I went with elder IƱesta from Puerto Rico. Pretty slow day. They are in an area that’s a lot like Huejotzingo and they don’t have a lot of work. I helped them organize their area book and get the ward directory so they can work better. The tough thing when you’re going into any area like that you really have to work like a month without any results before things start picking up. I hope they find more work soon.

Thursday. Crazy day, we were all over the place. So I forgot my extra backpack with my clothes and deodorant and shaver everything for the next day so I just had to put on all the same clothes. Haha. So I had planned to change when I got back, but as soon as we got to the house we had to go do a baptismal interview, so we did that. Then president called us and said that he was going to do weekly planning with us so we ran back to the house and president was there waiting for us. It was great he was able to help us out a lot with some investigators we had. Good thing the house was clean and I hope he didn’t notice I hadn’t shaved... I think it was pretty obvious... Then we had appointments right after so yeah …2 days same clothes. I’m pretty happy about that because I didn’t have as much to wash today!
Friday. Zone leader counsel. It was good, the spirit was strong. Great food from Sister Reeves. Something cool I learned,  among much more - You need to teach something 7 times in 7 different ways until someone actually learns.

Saturday. General conference. Sadly I had to watch it in Spanish. I mean I understand everything, but it’s not the same when it’s not their voice. Good talks.
Sunday. I was able to watch it all in English. good talks.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment