Sunday, April 7, 2013

Week 92 - 4/1/13



I was trying to think of a good April fools joke to tell you but... couldn’t come up with anything, oh well. It doesn’t even exist here. But there is a day that is like it in December... Anywho, well I got some good news. Elder M. told me that Felix is going to go to the temple in the beginning of June to get his endowments so that means I’ll get to go. yay.

Tuesday. Just one of those wonderfully slow days in the mission. I mean even for our meeting with the stake president he didn’t show up. But it’s all good, you got to have a few days like that every now and then.

Wednesday. So we did exchanges, I went with Elder C again. Pretty good day, someone gave us free ice cream. But still not a lot of people were home, mostly I think it’s for the holiday.

Thurday. Back with my companion. We went to teach a reference. The  lesson went well, he didn’t live in the area so we had to pass the reference.

Friday. Exchanges, this time with Elder P. Poor guy, he has like a week in the mission and he doesn’t speak anything. But it was really good because I was able to help him out a lot with some the discouragements he has had in these first 2 weeks. We taught the parents of a missionary and it was a great lesson. I feel like a pretty powerful missionary when I teach them because the sister always cries. But I don’t think it’s so much for the teaching, but that we remind her of her son in the mission and she misses him. But I’ll keep living in my fantasy world that I teach so powerfully that I make people cry haha.

Saturday. Well we found a number of less actives that we had never meet before. It’s amazing how many people get offended in church. It’s kind of sad. For example in one of the lesson we were talking and they said they didn’t go because of work. I felt that was not the reason. So I just asked them if they were offend in church and they said yes. I think both sides can be are wrong. It made me think of this talk http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/10/what-shall-a-man-give-in-exchange-for-his-soul?lang=eng

Sunday. Normal Sunday. We had a couple of lessons. We had a great lesson with a brother who I assume was offend by the bishop. He hasn’t gone in like a month, but his wife asked us go with him. It’s amazing how talking about the atonement can really affect someone.

That’s about it!!!

Love you all

Elder Curtis Wigington

No comments:

Post a Comment