Hey the 3 month countdown. I think
it hit me I’m just super tired all the time haha, maybe it has something to do
with the fact that my companion is finishing up soon as well. But it’s all good,
still working hard.
Monday. After we wrote we went to
play beach soccer. There is a place here that has a soccer field that is sand,
but it wasn’t very good sand. It had little rocks in it. After about 30 minutes
no one could run, really quite a painful activity... not doing that again.
Haha.
Tuesday. We did exchanges with a
companionship in the zone. I went with elder D from Irvine California, pretty
funny because that was Nathan’s mission and Elder D had a brother who served in
Wisconsin haha. Pretty cool, but wow haven’t heard so much English slang in so long
dude haha. It was good we found this guy and we started to teach him for the
first time and he told us that him mom taught him to always talk to white
people in French so they understand... He said everything in French and then Spanish.
The strange part was that what took him a minute to say in French was
translated to 15 seconds in Spanish... maybe it wasn’t really French….
Wednesday. My companion had the
great idea that we could all wake up early and play soccer as a zone at 5:30.
Not trying to cause problems I went along with it and just one other
companionship showed... That’s not happening anymore ugh, that just sounds like
a great idea... soccer... at 5:30... right.
Thursday. Exchanges with the
assistants. Pretty good. I was in our area and I don’t have much time here so I
was glad I didn’t get too lost haha. Everything went well.
Friday. We went back to the assistants’
area in the morning, which is my old area La Universidad. They had an idea for
a service project that we would trim bushes outside of peoples houses and then
try to share with them a message. So we were going at it and a couple people
accepted. Elder L and I were around the corner from my companion and the other
elder. Someone called the police on us and like 5 police cars surrounded my
companion and the elder and asked them what there were doing and why they were
there. Haha. We were around the corner so we didn’t see it but it was funny
that someone would call the police on us for something like that.
Saturday. Normal day with a few
lessons. At night we taught some investigators, the parents of a missionary who
just barely left on the mission and we committed them to be baptized on the 16
of March so that’s good.
Sunday. Stake conference. It was by satellite
and it was good. Elder Bednar and Elder Scott spoke. With the translation it’s
a little more boring because it’s not their voice, but Elder Scott knows Spanish
so he actually spoke in Spanish and it was a really great talk. Then later we
gave a lesson to a reference we had. He used to be a drug dealer, a really
tough guy. At the end of the lesson he was crying and he said he had heard a
lot of different religions and has not liked any of them, not even a little,
and he said he was amazed how in 30 minutes he was crying. The spirit was
pretty strong. Good stuff.
Today. well I bet you can guess what
I’ll be doing later haha I think it will be more soccer just a guess... haha.
In other news one in of the less
active families that we were teaching in Huejotzingo, the youngest daughter was
baptized. So that’s cool.
love you all
Elder Curtis Wigington
No comments:
Post a Comment