Monday, October 31, 2011

Week 18 - 10/31/2011

Party week in Mexico! I don’t remember what night, but the people that live above us were having a party. It was hard to sleep... They were shouting Helloween!..., Helloween!!..., over and over. I don’t think parties get more fun that that! Then later in the night they had this song that went something like this... “night, day, night, day, night, day. The party es muy loco....” and that repeats. Ugh… lol. But it’s all good.
 The kids here trick or treat everyday. It’s like the whole week is free game to dress up and get candy. But then again they don’t use big pillow cases.
We had a baptism on Wednesday. I baptized Lola. It was pretty great because the zone leaders were on exchanges with our district leader, so one of the zone leaders came to the baptism. They were expecting me to totally drown her. Apparently, the first time you baptize someone most people dunk too fast. Phsshhh…, I’ve taught enough swim lessons to know how to properly dunk someone lol.
Pretty much normal stuff happened the rest of the week. We are working with Gabriel and Veronica to get married and baptized. Gabriel has quit smoking completely so that is good.
On Sunday we were walking to church and a guy drove past us and swore at us. It was pretty exciting, it’s the one swear I actually know! But then he pulled over a little ways in front of us, we turned around and took a different route to the church. He was fat, so we could have took him if we need to lol.
Also, we walked past these girls and they purred at us, it was kind of weird day Crazy Pueblanos.
So... what’s more? I realized than my letter are very, unmissionary, or no spirituality filled. I would like you to understand that the things that I write are the things that keep me happy here. Lessons are the most frustrating part, because it is a struggle to understand and to express my thoughts clearly. Soooo… as soon as I know what’s fully going on in the lessons, I’ll let you know more about them! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment