OK... another week in the mission! Well actually this week was probably our worst week yet. Lots of walking, no one home, low numbers. But it is all good. I got a cool picture of a rainbow!
So what happened this week that is exciting? A member in our ward who is inactive got attacked and was stabbed in the side. The blade was only a one cm away from his heart. Scary... where he got stabbed is where we walk to go the church but he was out at 11pm at night. We would never go to that area when its dark.
It rained a lot this week. Really not a whole lot happened. Just a lot of walking mostly. I might attend a wedding next week. That should be cool. Gabriel and Veronica are getting married so they can be baptized
Soooo...... Sunday our house didn't have water: no showers before church! I totally blew an impression of the spirit on that one. I actually thought that I should fill up the buckets that night so we could get ready fast. Had I heeded the impression, I would have showered. The reason we didn't have water was that the toliet broke so it wouldn't flush. We tried to fix it, but when we fixed it we used a string and the flapper thing didn't close all the way, so it leaked a little water continuously. I don't know how exactly it works but it makes using the bathroom in our house fun! Fortunately, we left some buckets out in the rain that were filled with water so we could flush!!! Ugh our apartment is falling apart. We almost had a new one, but it cost 2200 pesos a month and the max is 2000 for the mission. That's a cap of $150.... I wonder if Nathan's mission in Orange, CA had a cap like that. Whatever... we are still in the search. I think thats about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment