This week I got bit by a dog while contacting, good thing it was about the size of my shoe! I think Hoppy, Becca’s bunny, could eat it... Yeah, it didn’t make me bleed, the dog came running out and I was like, “Oh… look at that, it’s biting me... lol.”
So for changes..... drum roll..... Elder Rodriguez and I are still in La Margarita. Yeah!... Christmas in the projects! Not that I don’t love my area... but I have heard there are a lot of beautiful areas in this mission, and mine is not one of those. Poor Elder Rodriguez, he is 6 months in the mission and this is still his first area as well.
So guess what?... the Zone Leaders didn’t like our numbers again. Like we didn’t realize that our numbers where bad!.... lol. I think I should start reporting my push-up numbers, that would impress them! I’m doing like 300 a day and I’m at about 15000 in the mission so far. Also I’m at 6 min for holding my breath... just kidding, I’m not practicing holding my breath, I just knew that would freak out mom lol!!!
I’ve been talking Spanish in my sleep again. I was saying “dame las planchas, quiero las planchas.” In English that is, “give me the plates, I want the plates.” “Plates” being like the gold plates.
I played soccer today, which I am actually getting better at, but still… I’m playing with Mexicans. I sun burned my neck below my collar line. I have enough tan above the collar that I don’t burn, but not below.
I helped a sister with her homework this week which just happened to be programming. It was probably the most exciting thing yet. lol No, but it was a language that I have never used, but its not like I’ve never learned a new computer language before! Pssshhhh…. Super easy. Yeah, that was exciting.
So as far as missionary work goes, our two investigators that need to get married, didn’t get married or go to church... so yeah, we have to wait a while longer to baptism them. I think they will get baptized; they have a testimony and are really nice people, just a little bit slow and reluctant. Veronica is always sick... but whatever, they should be baptized.
We actually had good success with our less actives. We got a family to come to church after not attending for 10 years. And then the brother who got stabbed and his mom both went. Another went, too! So that good. To bad less actives going to church doesn’t count for any numbers. LOL… whatever.
We were going to give a super awesome lesson to the singles to motivate them to accept calls as ward missionaries. I will share a bit with you. We used the example of Nephi going to get the plates. He was chosen to be a leader over his brothers to go get the plates because he didn’t murmur. When he went, the first time he let luck decide who would go get the plates and the lot fell on Laman and Lemuel. That didn’t work, he messed up, even though he was chosen of God. Then he had really good idea of trying to trade his gold and silver. A good idea, but again he messed up, it didn’t work. And finally, Laman and Lemuel got mad at him and Nephi went alone and succeeded! The important lesson that we learn from this is that when someone is chosen my God, it doesn’t mean that we won’t make mistakes. The important thing is that we don’t murmur, and with time, like Nephi we will learn how to follow the spirit. There was more, but I think you get the idea. We used this same lesson to teach less actives that were offended by the bishop how the leaders are chosen of God, but it doesn’t mean that they won’t make mistakes. You can really shape this lesson into a lot of things. There you go, ugh… too much typing lol, I feel like I’m in school again.
I really don’t mind doing laundry by hand so much now, but trying to do it when you have a cut on your palm really stinks. With the scrubbing and dubbing and what not, the scab came off. Then the whole time I was bleeding all over my clothes... but it’s good that we only have cold water, because to wash blood out you use cold water lol.
One of the interesting things that they told us in the MTC is that learning the language, is one of the least important things. We should spend more time learning the things of the gospel then when we want to teach we will know the important things to say that we need in the language. Whatever… the challenges are more that just the language.
Wow!, I’m impressed with myself, what a long and inspired email lol jk!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment