Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Week 85 - 2/11/13


Pretty crazy day today. I’m going to start with today because it will be the longest then jump back for the rest of the week.  

Maybe just the most awesome birthday ever, I think all Huejotzingo left to celebrate haha.

Opened the package thanks so much. Well we kind of skipped the cleaning in the morning and we went to Angel’s house and he shot off his rifle a little bit. It’s so fun to shoot those things off. All it is is black powder musket. Then to my surprise he had bought me a birthday cake! We had cake with their family. Well then we went to the center and we started to watch the carnival. It was so crazy I can’t believe how many people were shooting off those rifles. It’s so cool. And don’t worry, I did ask president’s permission to go. I really find it amazing the costumes that they have. Most of the outfits are handmade and cost about what would be 1000-2000 dollars each. Well then the zone leaders came because they wanted to… let’s see... kill the fun... Anywho, we went to eat with the one of the parade groups because Angel’s sister was in it. So they gave us food free. Mmmm. Then we came here to internet and that’s a really short version, but it was pretty awesome, probably the coolest thing I have seen in Mexico. 

Overall for the rest of the week was pretty slow for missionary work because everyone was doing stuff with the carnival. 

Saturday. Happy birthday dad and happy Carnival Huejotzingo. We actually had a lot of lessons which was strange for what we had been having. We taught an investigator for the first time and we had given him a Book of Mormon on Sunday and he was already in Jacob. I said the opening prayer and while I was saying it the wind opened the door. Later he said I think it was a sign that when you invited the spirit in your pray the door opened because I have very secure doors and they would never open by themselves, I think that was the spirit coming in.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment