Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Week 86 - 2/18/13


So guess what, I’m leaving Huejotzingo.  I love it here but I guess it’s time to go.  

Tuesday. In the morning we had interviews with President Reeves. Went well, president says that he doesn’t lose sleep at night worrying about what I might be doing. I suppose that’s a good thing haha. Well it was the biggest day of the carnival so we tried to work our side of the city of Huejotzingo, but basically we didn't have any appointments and when the biggest party of the year is going on there are not too many people home. Strange because there were some people that said they don’t leave their home on that day because it’s dangerous. But we were heading back to the house at night around 9 and a drunk walked past us and said brothers don’t be afraid god is with you. Haha ok thank you for that.
 
Wednesday. Another very slow day. Basically we had nothing but somehow in the last 3 hours of the day we pulled out 4 lessons.

Thursday. Lots of people kissing in the street but that’s normal, the good thing about Feb. 14th is that the balloons covered them up a bit haha.  

Friday. We had a couple lessons with less actives and a lot of walking around. 

Saturday. We had a good lesson with an investigator and we actually had a few lessons this day. But our food appointment fell through. The good thing about the sisters in Mexico is they all know how to cook and if your food appointment falls through they are always willing to make you food.  

Sunday. Wow after such a slow week we had very good results in church. 12 less active members with whom we have worked came to church. That’s pretty exciting, most of them for the first time in years. That made me feel really good. In gospel principles the teacher was talking about prayer and one of the less active sister said that she hadn’t prayed in 6 years and when we found her and invited her to pray it has been changing her life and she said we came like angels into her life. That made me feel good because our investigators were all over the place this change, from progressing really fast to a complete halt in progress. What I saw on Sunday made me really happy. Huejotzingo will be having some baptisms soon even though I won’t be there to see it. I feel that I at least left the area better that I found it.  

Today. Said goodbye to people and now I’m packing. You know how great I am at packing.
 
 Love you all,
Eder Curtis Wigington

 

No comments:

Post a Comment