Thursday, February 28, 2013

Week 87 - 2/25/13


I am now in the area called Tres Cerritos, three little hills... not sure why exactly it’s called that... there aren’t three little hills. 

Well I got changed to junior companion... as a zone leader. I would have to say it’s pretty cool being junior companion again, a lot less thinking required haha. And as far as the zone leader part, not sure exactly what president was thinking on that one. 

Tuesday. Well we left Huejotzingo in the morning and got to the change meeting just on time. I’m with Elder A. We went back the area, had a meeting with the stake president.

Wednesday. District meeting. Didn’t have to give the district meeting yay, not my job anymore. I did a baptismal interview and it turns out the elders never taught her tithing or the law of chastity... really, like those seem like kind of important things to know before baptism.  

Thursday. Studies, weeking planning... fun fun. So we had our food appointment with the bishop. He sent his chauffeur to pick us up in his bulletproof BMW. We got to the house and it was huge. It’s in a little place called La Vista, richest place in Puebla. By far the nicest house I have ever seen, like really really nice. And we ate there very good. Our bishop is probably the richest man I have ever met. Not 100% sure exactly what he does. But after, we had a lesson with a family. Really spiritual lesson. We committed them to get baptized on Saturday. 

Friday. Hey 20 months in the mission, guess I’m getting pretty old. We taught a few lesson and then our district leader did the interviews for the 2 that were going to get baptized, and one did not pass the interview. Kind of sad for my companion, he had been working with them for a time now.  

Saturday. Well normal day. Lesson. regular stuff.

Sunday. We had church. Then the baptism later in the day. The elder that was here before came to baptize her. 

Monday. Washing clothes and cleaning the house. My companion loves soccer so looks like I will be playing soccer every Monday from here on out. Hmm. Sorry short email, my companion almost writes nothing so I think he is waiting on me. 

Looks like I will be finishing in this area, he goes home one change before me. 

Love you all 

Elder Curtis Wigington

No comments:

Post a Comment