So it is like super cold in the
morning. I have to do exercise or I would freeze. Our house has those huge
windows so don’t think that helps. But everyone tells me hey you’re from the
north, you should be used to that... not exactly...
Tuesday, 19 month in the mission.
Wow, you could say that I’m getting pretty old. The family that was going to
give us food wasn’t going to be around so they called us and said hey so we aren’t
in Huejotzingo, so we just left the window open and we put key just inside so
you can open up. We got there and guess what?
The key wasn’t for the house... but we just went in the window, but the
window was about the size of the door so it was all good. But they made us
chicken cordon bleu which was the first time that I had ate it in all my time in
the mission. Kind of weird eating alone in the house. So at night we were heading home and then
there were some guys shooting off muskets. They are for a super huge carnival
that is coming up. Made me jump haha. We talked to members about it and the
scary thing is that they are pretty much real muskets. They use gun power and
they just put bullets in it and they just shoot them off all that weekend.
Apparently when they start getting drunk they put stuff in the musket and sometimes
they shoot themselves. One sister told us that last year was pretty calm
because no one died... So we will see how that goes. The interesting thing is
the craziest day will be on my birthday. haha.
Wednesday. So there was a family that we were teaching
that we could never get them all to pay attention. I had the brilliant idea to
use my Rubik’s cube to teach the lesson. It worked and then we were just
talking with the dad at the end. I had let the kids play with the cube for a
bit. Then... when we were leaving I took it back and solved it but I came to
the end and it turns out they had pealed stickers. I’m pretty sure it required
all my energy to not kill someone in that moment, ugh, no one messes with my
cube. But since I was a missionary there was forgiveness haha.
Thursday. So we had a lesson with
one of our investigators and we asked her how she liked church. She said
everything went good and then she said, well something really strange happened
to me when I was in the bathroom. When you hear something like that who knows
where it could go. She said I didn’t know how to flush the toilet so I was
trying to figure out how it flushes when all of a sudden it flushed
automatically. I don’t know how it flushed, it really scared me. Yeah... that
was the sensor, it automatically flushes. But it made me think, there really aren’t
too many places other than in our churches where I have seen automatic toilets.
Only in some of the nice places I went to when I was in the office. Fun stuff.
Friday. Well we divisions. I went to
Nealtican with Elder R in my district. It’s funny there is a member’s dog that
follows the elders around all day and so they put a tie on it. haha. It would
pick a fight with every single street dog and then hide behind us when it would
start to lose. Thanks, that’s just what I wanted a bunch of street dogs
growling at me. I wish I would have taken pictures.
Saturday. In the morning we were
going to an appointment and the phone rang and I looked and it was President. I
was like ugh what did I do now, not really but it’s strange that president
calls. I answered and it was Sister Reeves. They had moved their computer
downstairs and their wireless didn’t work. Of course I, like Obi wan Kenobi,
was the only hope. Got it on my first try, the WLAN was set to off. So easy.
Haha, good stuff. Anyways as far as the work goes, kinda slow, all of our
appointments fell through but that’s life.
Sunday. Sadly no investigators in
church, but 7 new less actives showed that we have been visiting so that was
pretty exciting. We have been teaching gospel principles but the bishop now
assigned our ward missionaries to teach. They are two 18-19 year old woman. And
I don’t think they had taught much before. My companion and I pretty much
taught the lesson with our very long comments and oh that reminded me of a
scripture and another one and another one. But it’s good they are learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment