Monday, January 21, 2013

Week 78 - 12/24/12


Wow it’s Christmas Eve and I’m in a short sleeve shirt. Ok, well interesting week.

Tuesday. Well we had our district meeting on Tuesday. The sister missionaries wanted to send a package so we had to help them. It was a suitcase that must have weighted over 60 lbs. We took it and then they said it weighted too much, so we had to run all over our area to see if there was another place where they could send it. Basically we spent until 2 trying to help the sister missionaries.  We ate with a family and that proved to be a very fateful moment. Within 2 hours my stomach was hurting. We returned home. By 6 o'clock I was sick... within another hour my companion was sick. It was overall just a lovely situation. We were both up all night taking turns thowing up in the bathroom. Such companion bonding.

Wednesday. We slept all day. End of story.

Thursday. We were feeling much better. We had our meeting with our ward mission leader. We went with a member and he showed us were some members lived that we hadn’t visited before. So nothing too exciting, but we went to the little town late at night and we almost got killed by dogs. Not really, there were a ton and they were all barking at us and it was scary.

Friday. We went to visit someone who had contacted us in the street. We started teaching her and it was pretty amazing. She is from Colombia and she got to know the church there, but her friend that was a member left to study in the US and lost contact. She worked in the US. Actually in Minnesota, and met her husband there. Who actually has family in Milwaukee right now. That’s cool. And then came to Mexico for problems with their papers. We taught the first lesson and we invited her to be baptized and she accepted. So that was pretty exciting. A nice glimmering light in this very very dark area haha. Hopefully we can see some good progress there.

Saturday. You thought I was feeling better... that’s what you would think. We went to eat with a sister and she gave us food that was really spicy. I guess my stomach was a little weak still. My stomach hurt, a lot, a ton, like I felt like I was going to explode. By the morning I was good. But that was a very painful experience let me tell you.

Monday. Well I went to Elder M’s area. And since 10:30 in the morning I have been helping him with his BYU essays. Like 10:30 to 5. They actually turned out really good. But let me tell you I have not written a paper in a long time haha.

Excited to call tomorrow.

Love you all

Elder Curtis Wigington

No comments:

Post a Comment