Monday, January 21, 2013

Week 79 - 12/31/12


Tuesday. Well I really enjoyed talking you all on Christmas. It was a lot of fun. We really didn’t do too much. We ate fried chicken with the bishop and then we washed our clothes. Basically we spent the whole day just hanging out there with the bishop until night. Didn’t exactly have too many appointments on Christmas.

Wednesday. We had our district meeting. Pretty good stuff.  So then at night we went with the Luna family, the president of Nealtican. Not like stake president, government president. He has a big chain of tortilla stores so he’s pretty rich. Anyways, he invited all the missionaries to eat at his house.

Thursday. We went to a new pueblo where we had never gone before. It was like 45 minutes away from Huejotzingo. Fun, fun.

Friday. Pretty slow day. Also, I would have to say the mornings are really really cold. Like so cold. I have to exercise or I would freeze to death.

Saturday. So we were on the bus to go to a pueblo and a little kid, he must have been 3 year old, started singing the all the single ladies song, and then another one. Pretty funny. How does a 3 year old learn those songs.... So the bishop showed us where a bunch of less actives lived. We showed up at one and the brother started to yell at us. “ I don’t want anything to do with the church.  I  already told them that I will have nothing to do with the church.”  He came out and told us how when he needed help no one was there for him. So we started to explain that the members aren’t perfect blah blah. Within 10 minutes he was talking good with us and like when can you come visit me? Haha. I think that he was just playing hard to get.

Sunday. Church.  After church we went to visit a referral from the bishop We started to teach her. We taught the first lesson and we invited her to be baptized and she said yes. Yay. It was actually a very spiritual lesson she gave the prayer to finish and she cried and everything. So that’s pretty exciting.

Yeah. good stuff.

Elder Curtis Wigington

No comments:

Post a Comment